Do you offer a free consultation?
How much will it cost to have my taxes prepared?
At Harvest Time Tax Services we strive to provide fast, friendly and accurate service at an affordable price. We strive to keep our pricing as transparent as possible by offering a FREE consultation and refund estimate to review all preparation cost with you before your tax return is ever e-filed. Our average tax preparation cost in 2016 was $270 for the most complex returns. In most cases our clients PAY NO OUT-OF-POCKET FEES to file their taxes. We offer bank products at an additional charge to allow you to receive your refund through direct deposit, money card or check and pay your preparation fee from your refund. We NEVER charge you a percentage of your refund. Our prices are determined by the tax forms needed to file your personal tax return. All tax returns include:
- Free refund status updates
- Free electronic PDF copy of tax return
- Free audit assistance with paid returns
Click here for our price structure for common tax situations.
General Price List
1040 EZ – starting at $59.95 (Total income under $5,000)
1040 A – starting at $79.95
1040 – starting at $99 (No Schedules)
1040 with EIC (Earned Income Credit) – starting at $179
1040 with Schedule A (Itemized Deductions Worksheet) – starting at $199
1040 with Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business) – starting at $299
1040 with Schedule A & C – starting at $299
There is an additional charge per form for the following:
- Schedule E – (Supplemental Income and Loss) – $45.99
- Schedule SE – (Self Employment Tax) – $12.99
- Schedule H – (Household Employment Taxes) – $35.99
- Schedule EIC – (Earned Income Credit) – $50.99
- Schedule 8812 – (Child Tax Credit) – $7.99
- Form 2106 – (Employee Business Expenses) – $79.99
- Form 2441 – (Child and Dependent Care Expenses) – $20.99
- Form 4562 – (Depreciation and Amortization) – $16.99
- Form 4684 – Casualties and Thefts – $11.99
- Form 4797 – Sale of Business Property – $11.99
- Form 8829 – Expenses for Business Use of Your Home – $21.99
- Form 8863 – Education Credits – $20.99
- Form 8917 – Tuition and Fees Deduction – $6.99
- Form 8889 – Health Savings Account – $11.99
- Form 2210 – Underpayment of Estimated Tax – $6.99
- Form 4868 – Application for Automatic Extension – $35.99
- Form 3903 – Moving Expenses – $10.99
- Form 8283 – Non-cash Charitable Contributions – $6.99
- Form 4952 – Investment Interest Expense – $11.99
- Form 5695 – Residential Energy Credits – $6.99
- Form 6252 – Installment Sale Income – $11.99
- Form 8949 – Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets – $3.99 (by line)
- Form 8959 – Additional Medicare Tax – $21.99
- Form 8960 – Net Investment Income Tax – $15.99
- Form 1116 – Foreign Tax Credit– $6.99
- Form 2555 – Foreign Earned Income – $35.99
- Form 5405 – Repayment of First-Time Homebuyer Credit – $11.99
- Premium Tax Credit (Marketplace Insurance) – $15.99
- Amended Returns (May require additional forms from above) – $49.99
Although this price list covers most filers, there may be special tax situations requiring forms not listed above. We will be happy to discuss your individual situation and offer a free consultation.
After you prepare my return, what if I decide that I want my taxes done elsewhere?
Satisfaction is guaranteed – if you are not pleased with your results; you are under no obligation to purchase. Your return will not be filed through our firm, and your information will be graciously returned.
Do you offer incentives for new referrals?
We like repeat clients, and we love it when you tell your friends about us. As an incentive we are currently offering $25 cash for referrals with an accepted e-filed return from March 1 through April 18.
Do you offer any discounts?
Currently, we offering a special discount on tax preparation services for early filers of up to 20% off. Must have flier or coupon code to qualify. Offer ends February 28.
Do you prepare amended returns, prior-year returns and extensions?
Yes! We prepare all types of tax returns year-round.
Do you provide audit support?
Harvest Time Tax Services offers Audit Guidance with every paid tax return that we prepare. If you are audited, we will:
- Review the audit documents and explain what they mean
- Prepare correspondence letters to respond to the notice and an amended return, if applicable
- Provide guidance on how to gather records of your tax documents and send to the IRS for review
- Assess the tax audit findings and explain them
- Provide guidance on the appeal process and other options available to you, if applicable
How does Virtual Tax Preparation work?
Contact us through the website, through direct email or via phone. Complete a short online questionnaire, scan or take a photo of your tax documents, upload and our certified tax preparers will handle the rest. We will answer all your questions and set up a convenient appointment time for you to have your taxes done remotely. Communication is done via video chat (Tango or Skype) or phone conference. The typical turn-around time is 24 to 48 hours. Depending on availability, you may be able to have your tax return prepared immediately! After your taxes are completed, you will be given the opportunity to review them and electronically sign your return. Your return will then be electronically filed and you will be provided with a PDF copy of tax your return.
Is Virtual Tax Preparation safe? How do you safeguard against identity theft?
YES! Many trusted industries including banking, insurance, e-commerce and more are now conducting most client engagements via internet, telephone or email. The tax industry is no different, and many competitors are now offering to interface/interview via the INTERNET to professionally prepare and file client’s taxes who are pressed for time and do not want to spend hours in an office. So to address this need, Harvest Time Tax Services leverages the state-of-the art technology to guard against identity theft. Your information is uploaded and exchanged on a secure platform designed specifically for our clientele, and we use top of the line industry recommended internet security and antivirus software to protect and store your documents once transmitted. Documents stored on site are kept locked up and only accessed by management.
Why should I opt for Virtual (or traditional) Tax Preparation through Harvest Time Tax Services versus doing it myself?
Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the US Government’s General Accounting Office, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer. When you choose Harvest Time Tax Services, you can be confident that a trained professional is preparing your taxes. We take the time to catch all your eligible credits and deductions to get you the highest refund allowed by the IRS. Miscalculations, tax mistakes and missed credits and deductions can prove very costly for you. You don’t have to spend hours of your own time hoping you get it right. We guarantee our work and will always correct any math or content errors free of charge, which is exceptional. Our office is open year-round to assist you with your tax needs.